The Tobacconist is responsible for cultivating strong guest relationships and supporting customer needs with cigar recommendations while maintaining high standards of excellent service and superb knowledge of cigars. The Tobacconist will assist with cigar selections, provide education on the cigars within the humidor, and offer cigar and beverage pairings based on the understanding of cigar notes and the customers palate. ***Must be 21 years of age to apply!***
• Provide a world-class guest experience in the humidor and lounge through exemplary service and customer service skills.
• Build relationships with customers. Proactively and effectively communicate product features and benefits, as well as promotional information.
• Demonstrate a tenacious drive for results. Accountable for becoming a trusted, successful tobacconist and consistently work as part of a team to exceed sales and KPI goals.
• Develop and maintain strong knowledge of products.
• Assists in the complete operations of the store. Performs all functions to effectively execute corporate initiatives in a timely, efficient and resource-wise manner.
• Follows all policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as state and local regulations.
• Maintains visual and cleanliness standards to support the brand image. Ensures a comfortable, responsible and safe environment
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies required
• Passionate and persistent about a delivering a stellar guest experience.
• A track record of meeting challenging sales and operational goals
• Demonstrated flexibility and emotional intelligence to adapt to a frequently changing business conditions with energy and accountability.
• Strong communicator with a professional presence. Ability to build relationships with guests and coworkers.
• Outstanding personal demeanor that highlights the Dapper lifestyle.
• Previous experience in a retail, hospitality or other service-centric environment.
• POS and/or computer skills needed
• Cigar knowledge recommended
• Able to build effective rapport with customers
• Ability to work a flexible schedule (night, weekends, holidays)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Hands on team player with a strong work-ethic
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to smoke or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or sit; the employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Employer and comply with the ADA regulations as well as considers reasonable accommodations measures that may be necessary to perform this job in full complexity.
You are required to have at the minimum an HS Diploma to be considered for this position.
City & State Only Necessary
Previous/ Current Employer
The relationship between you and Dapper D's Cigar Emporium LLC., also known as Dapper D's Cigars, is referred to as "employment at will." This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the Dapper D's Cigars Emporium LLC, also known as Dapper D's Cigars. No representative of Dapper D's Cigar Emporium, LLC. has authority to enter into any agreement contrary to the foregoing "employment at will" relationship. You understand that your employment is "at will," and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at-will employment status, except for a written statement signed by you and the CEO.
Upload Resume or any certifications that qualifies you for this position